Time is of the Essence
The sooner you tell us about a claim, the sooner we can help; so please call us on 0161 236 3380 or e-mail email@example.com as soon as possible.
We can then give advice about what to do and about the information and documentation that we will need to progress the claim.
- Not admit liability without approval from us
- Advise goods owners to report the matter to their own cargo insurers in the first instance
- Hold any responsible subcontractors liable as soon as possible, and let us have details of their insurers
- Inform the police if appropriate, for example in the case of theft
Things to remember:
- Freight liability policies cover liability for loss or damage; not the goods themselves
- Trading conditions for carriage, storage and forwarding services generally limit liability to a figure based on the weight of goods lost or damaged and require claims to be made within certain time limits
For larger or more complicated claims, we may instruct a surveyor to assist, and if litigation is threatened, then we will instruct a lawyer to defend the policyholder’s position.