NMU Launches Computer Cyber Insurance7th August 2017
Virtually all businesses collect and store personal information about customers, employees and others. The frequency of data breaches – the theft, loss or mistaken release of private information, is on the rise. In response to the growing demand for cyber insurance, we’ve added a computer, data and cyber policy to the NMU suite of products, replacing our existing computer offering.
Computer Cyber Insurance is an all in one policy; providing comprehensive protection for small and medium-sized businesses. With six sections of cover available, Hardware (including portables) and Data Corruption sections provide protection for assets, whilst the Data Breach Expense, Cyber Crime, Cyber Liability and Cyber Event – Loss of Business Income sections responds to cyber risks.
The key policy benefits include:
- Cover for the costs of dealing with data breaches and cyber liability claims
- Cover for loss of business income from a cyber event
- Cover that helps businesses deal with the impact of cyber crime
- Cover for hardware and data corruption
- Access to expert advice and support e.g. IT, legal, forensic and media relations when an incident occurs
- Full claims support following an incident
NMU Executive Director, Nick Limb, commented “Data breaches aren’t just a big business problem; small and medium-sized businesses with fewer data security resources are particularly vulnerable. Firms such as accountants and lawyers might be perceived to hold more sensitive data, but all businesses could be at risk from a cyber attack, ransom ware attacks or data breach by hackers, viruses or errant employees.”