Simplifying The Process For Issuing Certificates of Insurance With NMU Certs
Who Needs to Issue a Certificate of Insurance?
Exporters need certificates of insurance to comply with the requirements of certain Terms of Sale, particularly where Letters of Credit are involved.
To support policyholders who sell on CIF or CIP terms to issue certificates for the benefit of their customers, we offer a web-based system to facilitate such circumstances.
Being able to insure goods for customers is an important service offering for freight forwarders. Our web-based system allows forwarders to issue certificates for their customers.
NMU Certs Solution
All of our registered NMU Certs clients use the Oceanwide Genoa Platform, one of the most popular systems of its type, with users worldwide. The benefits of the Oceanwide platform include:
- Time-saving features, like being able to copy previous cargo insurance certificates or create templates, which is useful if there are lots of similar shipments.
- The ability for consignees and banks to validate the authenticity of certificates that they receive.
- An easy referral process for shipments that fall outside standard policy parameters.
- The option for brokers to be able to view clients’ activity and run reports.
Getting Started on NMU Certs
- Brokers – contact your local development underwriter about getting policyholders set up as users.
- Exporters and Freight Forwarders – please ask your insurance broker to contact us about registering you as a new user or about setting up a new policy or facility.
If you would like to know more about NMU Certs, please contact your local NMU branch.