What is stock throughput insurance?
Stock Throughput Risks
Once manufactured goods arrive, they either go direct to the end customer or into a storage warehouse before onward distribution. If they are going into storage before onward distribution, a stock throughput policy could be the perfect solution for this scenario.
For an importer involved in storage and distribution, a stock throughput insurance policy can offer:
- Insurance coverage for the import, the transit from the port to storage premises, whilst there, and the subsequent delivery transit to the final customer.
- Certainty that the cover is correct for the risks involved.
- Cost benefits, by having one policy instead of three.
- No gaps in cover, as might occur if separate policies were arranged for the three component parts.
- A reduction in administrative costs.
- Coverage at own or third party storage premises.
For more information on stock throughput insurance, contact your local Development Underwriter.