Prevention is better than cure
We believe that managing risk and delivering quality service go hand in hand, and we understand just how disruptive each and every claim is to our policyholders’ businesses, especially in competitive markets where lost custom can be hard to win back.
Surveys, risk assessments, training and advice
Our risk surveys and assessments are a distinguishing feature of the service we provide, delivering tangible benefits to policyholders – whether it’s risk improvements, protecting not just the insured items, but the business as a whole, or risk assessments, identifying weak spots in procedures and helping to prevent reputational damage. And, of course, effective loss prevention keeps renewal premiums down.
Whilst traditional underwriting surveys of storage premises are the core activity of our risk control team, we compliment our service with training and advice on a variety of topics, tailored to the individual needs of brokers or policyholders, such as:
- Supply chain risk analysis from supplier to customer
- Supply chain contingency planning
- Overland route risk assessments
- Driver security awareness training
- Vehicle anti-hijack procedures
- Warehouse fire and security measures
- Winter loss prevention
- Flood response planning
- Emergency response procedures
- Advice on yard security
- Building security into service contracts
- Advice on the use and selection of driver agencies
- Bespoke packaging surveys
- Loading and/or unloading surveys
- Identification and selection of third party warehousing
- Incorporation of terms and conditions into contracts
- Identifying trends and root causes of losses
- Advice on plant and site security
- Advice on data security
- Advice on contingency planning
- Accumulative risk analysis
- Advice on health and safety management
- Advice on countermeasures against further losses
We compliment all of this with training and advice on a variety of topics, tailored to the individual needs of brokers or policy holders.
For more information on related topics, contact our risk control team or your local NMU office, here.