Worldwide Installation Insurance
As specialist insurers of both cargo and engineering risks, we’ve designed an innovative worldwide installation product to provide seamless cover for international projects involving the sourcing, distribution and installation of machinery, including testing and commissioning.
The policy combines import, export and installation covers for suppliers and installers of machinery and electronic equipment.
Every contract, movement and installation presents a unique combination of risks relating to the nature of the equipment, the destination and the method of transportation.
We work closely with our partners to identify exactly the cover that clients require, issuing a policy that is tailor-made to their needs.
Like a stock throughput policy, our worldwide installation policy covers
- goods, including components and raw materials, from source through to distribution, including static exposures at manufacturing, processing or storage premises, but then goes on to also cover;
- the installation of individual items of machinery or complete factory lines on an “all risks” basis, including:
- testing and commissioning for new machinery,
- up to 12 months’ maintenance period following installation, and
- defects (DE4) cover, all as standard.
We can also cover:
- temporary storage at third party premises prior to installation, even overseas,
- own and hired-in plant and equipment, and
- engineers tools and spare parts
For more information on worldwide installation insurance, contact your local NMU Development Underwriter.