Innovation and flexibility are at the heart of what we do
Established in 1982 to actively trade in the provincial market, NMU provides a range of innovative insurance solutions backed up by award winning service. NMU have since grown to become a leading player, with a network of strategically placed offices. As a Service Company of Munich Re Syndicate Ltd, all our insurances are backed by A-rated Lloyd’s security.
At the heart of our business are competitiveness, service, attention to detail, innovation, flexibility and the fair treatment of customers. What sets us apart, is our ability to provide bespoke insurance solutions that are not simply off the shelf, but built upon a real understanding of the risks faced by policy holders.
We provide insurance solutions to more than 15,000 customers. Our range of products encompasses:
- Cargo: imports and exports, storage, distribution
- Marine Equipment: ROVs, AUVs
- Freight Liabilities: haulage, freight forwarding, warehouse keeping
- Engineering: construction and plant, machinery, deterioration of stock, computer equipment
- Terrorism: property damage and business interruption
- Marine Trade: Public liability, employers liability, buildings, contents, business interruption and other covers for the marine trade industry
- Motorsport: vehicles, trailers, tools and equipment
With offices in Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Letchworth, Liverpool, London and Maidstone, we are ideally placed to understand and meet the needs of brokers across the UK and Ireland.
Post Magazine 360 survey ‘Best for Marine and Transport’ in 2011. Underwriting Service Awards ‘Transport and Cargo Team of the Year’ winners in 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016.