Cyber security has become a key risk to businesses of all sizes, with cyber attacks having become headline news
Today, virtually all businesses collect and store personal information about customers, employees and others. The frequency of data breaches – the theft, loss or mistaken release of private information, is on the rise. But data breaches aren’t just a big business problem; small and medium-sized businesses with fewer data security resources are particularly vulnerable.
In response to the growing demand for cyber insurance, NMU has added a computer, data and cyber policy to its suite of products. Specifically designed for small to medium-sized businesses, Computer Insurance offers broad coverage for cyber risks. Hardware (including portables) and data corruption cover provides protection for assets, whilst data breach expense, cyber crime, cyber liability and cyber event – loss of business income cover responds to cyber risks.
Policy benefits include:
- Cover for hardware and data corruption
- Cover for the costs of dealing with data breaches and cyber liability claims
- Cover for loss of business income from a cyber event
- Cover that helps businesses deal with the impact of cyber crime
- Access to expert advice and support e.g. IT, legal, forensic and media relations when an incident occurs
- Full claims support following an incident
For more information on Computer Insurance contact your local NMU Development Underwriter